Skip to main content

Things Your Parents did, that you now do.

Are there things that your parents did and you now do.. And you have no idea why?! 

My housemate asked me the other day why when I cook my toast that I squish it down after I have cooked it. I literally had to stand there and think about why I even do it. She did say that she has never seen anyone else ever do it, so it must be unusual I guess. But the reason that I squish my toast down after I have cooked it is because my Mum does it. I have no idea why she does it and I am going to have to ask her now!

I also do things that my Grandmother taught me too. So I always put a coin in a purse or handbag when it is a gift and I never put shoes on a table or open an umbrella inside. I think I went to put a new pair of shoes (that were still in the box and in a bag) and she pulled them straight off, quite fiercely so I have never done it since then. She wasn't rude to me about it, I just knew that I shouldn't do it in front of her ever again.

Do you do things that your parents do? Or even your grandparents or Aunt or Uncle? I would be interested to know if anyone else squishes their toast and why? LOL 

I might even do a blog on this topic later on, maybe once I get a few responses. 

The Norty Borderline

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Word Check-In - Kmart Journal Entry

Check in with yourself using just two words. How are you doing today? Do it three times throughout the day, and use the space to illustrate your words to reflect the mood. Morning Motivated, Positive Midday Emotional, Blessed Evening Cranky, Pain  Isn't it amazing how by the end of your day, it can be turned around 180 degrees!! So this morning I was motivated and feeling really positive. By the end of today, I am cranky and in so much pain that I am almost about to lose my s**t! But I actually sat down and wrote in my journal for a few hours to try and get some of the frustrations out that I have and it actually felt good to write it all down. Cleansing in a way, I guess. I am trying to learn to write it down and once I have written it down, I am trying to learn to let it go. Yeah, just like Elsa sang! Ha-Ha! So maybe I need to write in there a bit more tonight, to try and get rid of some more frustrations.  I feel like I had a very productive day and now I am in...

Saint Barthelemy

OMG!! Photos of this place just came up on my laptop screen and I have to go there!! It truly looks amazing!! It is definitely a bucket list item! I'm including some photos, so you can see why I am mesmorized by this place. I just posted a blog about walking and how I love to walk along the beach. Oh I would so love to walk along the beaches at Saint Bathelemy! The water looks crystal clear and the sand so yellow! And the scenery around the beaches looks amazing to walk around as well!! Oh please take me there right now! I obviously had to Google it once I seen a photo of the place and now I have learned some new things for the day. (My Grandmother taught me that if I was still learning new things every day that my brain is still working.) Anyway, I now know that it is in the Caribbean and is under French rule. I also know now that the capital is Gustavia and that they speak mainly French and most of the cuisine and culture is French. Oh, now I really want to go there!! Although I ...

Observe Nature - Kmart Journal Entry

When did you last see the sunset or sunrise? When did you last go for a bushwalk? When did you last swim in the ocean? Describe these times. What's your favourite place in nature - why? Great questions Kmart Journal! Ha-Ha!  The last time that I watched a sunset or sunrise was the about three mornings when I woke up at 4:40am (not sleeping the best at the moment) and couldn't get back to sleep, so I did get to see the sunrise. It was also very peaceful and I find that now that I am waking up a bit earlier, that I am more productive with my day, especially in the mornings. I am going to try and start to get up earlier. I have always been a bit of a night owl, therefore I find it hard to get to bed early and end up sleeping in later.  I haven't been on a bush walk for quite some time, but I do try to walk my dog every day and I get to walk to the waterfront whenever I want!  I am not that fond of creepy crawlies, so I don't like to do many bush walks in case I see a creep...